Khumbula iMozambique is located in the Inhambane Province of Mozambique.
It is approximately 485km north of the Maputo capital and 26km south of the Inhambane town.
The Chalet is part of a beach resort and is situated on high dunes overlooking the Paindane Bay,
ensuring a constant sea breeze from the Indian Ocean and a virtually mosquito-free environment.
This bay is protected by the Paindane Reef, creating a safe swimming area and unique snorkeling opportunities.
The bay also ensures a safe platform from which to launch boats both at high and low tides.
The road from Maputo to Inhambane is recently being upgraded and compares well with tar roads in South Africa.
The 26km red sand-road from Inhambane to Khumbula iMozambique is well maintained
The last ± 4km to the resort is only accessible with a 4 x 4 vehicle.
border at Komatipoort is open daily from 6am till 12pm. Sometimes during the holiday season, the border is open for 24 hours. Lebombo Border contact number is: 013-793 7311.
What you need at the border & in/on vehicle:
1. Valid Passport: (Passport must be valid for more than 3months on entry)
2. Vehicle & Trailer registration papers. From 18 April 2005 visas are no longer needed for RSA passport holders!!!Ensure that license discs
are current & visible.It is compulsory to have 2 red triangles & one safety vest in your vehicle.If you are towing, standard yellow/blue
triangle stickers on the front & back of the vehicle & boat/trailer is compulsory. All trailers/boats must have reflective tape at the back.
3. Resort Reservation form with Passport names, numbers & expiry dates.
Extra expenses at border
R20/passport & R15/vehicle entrance fee.
R150 third party insurance per vehicle & R80 per boat or trailer (available on border)
co-ordinates house Khumbula iMozambique: S24.06 522, E35.29 846
Reception: S24.11 248, E35.49 463
Turn rights on EN1 at Lindele to Inhambane
Turn right on Inhambane road (± 24 km from Lindele) on to red gravel road.
Don’t use Jangamo turnoff – road too narrow, especially for boats!!
Turn right at Garage near Resort: S24.03 059, E35.28 666 – and follow road signs to Esperanaz beach lodge
Deflate your tires to 0,8bar at the white sand road. The last ± 4km to resort is not accessible for cars without 4×4.
Petrol / Diesel
Available in all major towns ± 40 to 51 Mt/liter.Unleaded petrol, diesel & air are available in Inharrime.Petrol & Diesel are also available in Inhambane.Petrol & Diesel now available at Petromac ± 8m from the Resort.Petrol cards are not accepted.
New law: Use of reflective warning signs & reflective vests. (Available at TRAVEL AGENCIES & OUTDOOR WAREHOUSE)
From Inhambane Airport available at R450/trip
Available 5km from Resort for people without a 4×4 vehicle at R40/day.
* PLEASE do not exceed the speed limit of 60km/hr in the villages. If the limit is 60km, rather drive slower.
They stop you even if you exceed the limit with 1km/hr. Do not pass a still standing vehicle on a solid line.
Wait patiently or blow your vehicle’s horn.
* Use your safety belts (ALL passengers).
* Always be on the lookout for pedestrians, goats, cattle & un-roadworthy vehicles.
* If Officials want bribes, complete the Bribery Report (Supplied by the Resort) or
report corruption at *800222222; *828002222; * 848002222. Remember to ask for a receipt for fines paid.
* Be on the look out for thieves posing as officials in Maputo.
* Money can be exchanged at border: Border Country Inn or FX Bureau de Exchange at Crossings Shopping Center Nelspruit or
BP Garage Komatipoort.
* Don’t exchange money at locals on Mozambique side of border.
* It is better to pay in Meticais for petrol and at shops, although Rand and Dollars are accepted. Garage & Credit cards are not accepted.
* You can draw money with your Credit Card at the local banks or at an ATM.